Hair transplant is a very safe procedure as long as it is performed under a doctor’s supervision in reliable centers, with the support of a specialist team. In addition, there are certain rules that must be followed in order to ensure full safety of hair transplant procedures:
1. The Ministry of Health allows hair transplant procedures to be performed only in hospitals and licensed polyclinics (outpatient clinics).
The hospitals and polyclinics that perform such procedures must observe the surgical sterilization rules as they are regularly inspected by the relevant government agencies.
Therefore, if you choose to receive hair transplant at an unlicensed center operating illegally for some reason, you inevitably run certain risks to your health, budget, and efficiency of the procedure.
The team that performs the hair transplant must be lead by a dermatologist or a specialist in plastic surgery, with every session attended by a doctor.
2. Hair transplants should not be done in patients with no clearly visible hair loss pattern. Especially in people under the age of 30, we cannot be sure about how much hair loss will occur and what kind of pattern it will follow in the future, so they may have to undergo another hair transplant surgery.
In addition, such individuals may suffer negative aesthetic consequences, because they will most probably continue to lose hair in other parts of the head after the transplantation.
3. If any areas other than the back of the head are used as the donor site for the hair transplant, there is an increased chance of losing the transplanted hairs. For that reason, hair transplants should be done by using the hair follicles from the back of the head.
4. If you are planning to get a hair transplant through the FUT technique, although it is becoming less common, you should know that it leaves scarring due to the incision field in your scalp.
Even if the FUE technique may leave some scars, it is hard to notice such scarring as it is made up of hundreds of minuscule scars. They can only be spotted upon close examination by pulling the hair apart.
5. If the hair follicles are harvested from another part of the head instead of the nape of the neck, which is genetically programmed to resist hair loss, the transplant might fail and you may lose all of the transplanted hair.
This happens when genetically susceptible hair follicles are collected from the areas involved in the hair loss, which occurs in the hands of inexperienced doctors and teams.
When the hair transplant is performed at a reliable center, it does not cause any serious side effects because it is an aesthetic surgery performed under local anesthesia.
The temporary side effects might include bruising, tenderness, redness, inflammation, small crusts, and numbness or lack of sensation on the areas of the scalp where hair is removed or implanted.
Copyright © 2018 DK Hair Klinik - All rights reserved.