At our DK Klinik and at other hair transplant centers licensed by the Ministry of Health, the following procedure steps are followed under the supervision of a doctor:
1. Prior to surgery, all hair on the patient’s head is trimmed.
2. Local anesthesia is administered to numb the donor and recipient sites. Although the patient will be awake during surgery, he will be relaxed and feel almost no pain.
3. The hair follicles in the donor site are harvested and stored in a special solution. The number of hair follicles to be extracted is proportional to the number of grafts to be implanted. Hair follicles are collected by punch biopsy. The pen-like punch tool used here is attached to a highly sensitive motor.
The apparatus on the tip of the punch tool can be modified according to the structure of the donor site. Thicker-tipped apparatuses can used in some regions, while thinner apparatuses may be used in other regions.
4. The frontal hairline of the patient is designed. The correct design of this hairline is very important in terms of the natural appearance you will get after hair transplant.
The shape of the face, age, and gender are the main factors in determining the frontal hairline.
To recreate a natural looking hairline, several factors like the angle of curvature of the hair, exit angles and direction of the hair, the patient’s expectations, and future hair loss should be taken into account.
Designing a good hairline with the right balance is vital and demands great experience. A well-planned hairline can deliver great results and natural-looking hair. If you get a hairline that is too symmetrical or too round, your hair will inevitably look unnatural.
5. The recipient sites are prepared by opening slits on the scalp by observing exit angles and the direction of hair growth. The follicles are then inserted into these slits.
An experienced team will pay attention to the following points for a successful hair transplant.
6. Once the procedure has been completed, special bandages are used to cover the donor site to prevent infection and we provide you with clear instructions for the aftercare.
Copyright © 2018 DK Hair Klinik - All rights reserved.